- Discover Arduino through EASY and FUN lessons
- Step-by-step instructions with diagrams
- No prior electronics knowledge required
- Kit comes with everything you need to build 15 projects across 8 categories:
- Servo Motors
- Stepper Motors
- Comes with one bonus project to help combine skills learnt in previous lessons into new projects
Arduino Starter Kit Includes:
|OSEPP UNO R3 Plus||1|
|6 feet USB type A to mini-B||1|
|Tact push switch 6mm x 6mm – through hole||2|
|10K ohm linear potentiometer (variable resistor) – long pins||1|
|100 ohm axial resistor, 1/2W, 5%||5|
|330 ohm axial resistor, 1/2W, 5%||20|
|1k ohm axial resistor, 1/2W, 5%||5|
|10k ohm axial resistor, 1/2W, 5%||5|
|1M ohm axial resistor, 1/2W, 5%||2|
|LED through hole – Red, 8.7mm height, ~2V drop, ~10-20mA||2|
|LED through hole – Yellow, 8.7mm height, ~2V drop, ~10-20mA||2|
|LED through hole – Green, 8.7mm height, ~2V drop, ~10-20mA||2|
|LED through hole – White, 8.7mm height, ~2V drop, ~10-20mA||2|
|LED through hole – Blue, 8.7mm height, ~2V drop, ~10-20mA||2|
|LM35 Temperature Sensor||1|
|LCD 16×2 Character Display||1|
|Ultrasonic Range Finder||1|
|Stepper Motor Driver||1|
|Breadboard – 30 columns x 14 rows (include 2 VCC and 2 GND)||1|
|2pin Screw Terminal||2|
|6 inches male-to-male jumper wires (red)||10|
|6 inches male-to-male jumper wires (black)||10|
|6 inches male-to-male jumper wires (white)||10|
|6 inches male-to-male jumper wires (grey)||10|
|6 inches male-to-male jumper wires (blue)||10|
|6 inches male-to-female jumper wires (white)||10|
|Arduino Basics 201 Tutorial book||1|
|Stock Code||Product Name|
|ARD-02||OSEPP 201 Arduino Basic Starter Kit|
Installing the Arduino Environment
The Arduino Environment is the collection of software used to compile, and load your projects onto your Arduino.
If you haven’t already installed the Arduino Environment, here’s how to do it on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Download the latest Arduino Environment Windows Installer here: http://arduino.cc/en/main/software
Connect your Arduino board to your PC.
If you’re using an OSEPP board or any Arduino board with an FTDI chip you’re going to need to install the FTDI Virtual COM port driver.
To install the FTDI Virtual COM port driver:
- Go to your Windows Control Panel
- Under Port (COM & LTP) you should see the “FT232R USB UART” device with an exclamation mark “!”
- Right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”
- Choose the “Browse my computer for Driver software” option
- Navigate to the “drivers\FTDI USB Drivers” folder inside your Arduino directory.This directory will be found in either C:\Program Files\Arduino or C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Arduino if you’re on a 64-bit operating system
- Click finish and let windows install the driver.
Test your Arduino Environment by attempting to upload a sketch.
- Open the Arduino Environment found in your program files
- Load up the blinking LED example sketch; in the File menu go to: File » Examples » 01.Basics » Blink
- Select your board; in the File menu go to: Tools » Boards » Arduino Uno
- Select the virtual COM port your Arduino has been assigned; in the File menu go to: Tools » Serial Port » COM X
- Upload the sketch by clicking the upload button
6. Verify that the LED is blinking on your UNO board.
If you’re unable to get the LED to blink look for further help online. Check the last page of this book for OSEPP support contact information. We’re always happy to help in any way we can!
Downloading Project Code
Please take the time to download the project code and install it into your Arduino environment. This will give you easy access to all the tutorials in this booklet through the examples menu.
Download our zip file here: http://osepp.com/files/osepp_201k.zip
Unzip the osepp_201K Zip file and drag it into your “sketch” folder. This is the folder where all of your Arduino sketches live.
All the project code from this tutorial book has now been added to your examples menu.
How to load the sketch for each tutorial
To access all the project code in this booklet; in the File menu go to:
File » Examples » OSEPP_201K